MQ stage Reject Link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gowrishankar_h
Participant

MQ stage Reject Link

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Hi,

I have a senario like i need to write the record in MQ.
If Queue manager is down then the job should not abort.

I tried with below approach but no luck.

I have created reject link in the MQ stage and ticked the below checked box for the reject condition.
1)Connection failure
2)reject failure etc...

Writing the reject record into sequential stage.

But when the queue manager is down instead of record passing into the reject link...the job gets abort..

Any where am i missing something or any other working solution?.Thanks in Advance

Thanks,
Gowri Shankar H
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If this is important you need to code checking whether the queue manager is down (probably an Execute Command activity in a sequence) before you attempt to use any queue managed by that queue manager.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gowrishankar_h
Participant

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Thanks...But i want to know why reject link is not working even when reject condition set as below..Any other property setting am i missing here?
1)Connection failure
2)reject failure etc...
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't tested any subtle failure scenarios in a long time, but I suspect that the types of failures that would reject are those that are rejected by the MQ Server itself....such as problems with the Channel, message content or size issues, "Queue is full", etc. If the MQ Server isn't up and running, then the Job fails long before it ever gets to a reject. Check the status of MQ in a script. In most scenarios, it is good that the Job aborts if MQ isn't running.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
gowrishankar_h
Participant

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Thanks...but dono whats is the use option in constraints for connection failure...I assumed its for MQ server connection failed..In that case it should work..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read Ernie's post again. The reject link handles conditions that can occur after a successful connection has been made, such as "queue full".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Yeah. Could be that, but ultimately, who knows what error that catches or its original intent. Bottom line, I want the Job to abort if the MQ Server is down, and then control the reaction to that via the Job sequencer, restarts, etc. What is your requirement?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>