ORCHADMIN command for deleting DataSets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

ORCHADMIN command for deleting DataSets

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
We are running on windows but using MKS to run the orchadmin command with unix style commands to delete our Datasets.

I am able to delete a single dataset using the command:
$ D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/bin/orchadmin rm "D:/rldm_psdw/rldm/dataset/DLY_IF_CALC_FACT_DROPS.ds"

But am not succesful when I try to use a wild card:
D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/bin/orchadmin rm "D:/rldm_psdw/rldm/dataset/%.ds" or
D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/bin/orchadmin rm "D:/rldm_psdw/rldm/dataset/*.ds"

They return the follwing errors:

##I IIS-DSEE-TCOA-00021 08:00:23(002) <main_program> WARNING: could not delete D:/rldm_psdw/rldm/dataset/%.ds because it does not exist.
##I IIS-DSEE-TCOA-00021 08:00:23(002) <main_program> WARNING: could not delete D:/rldm_psdw/rldm/dataset/*.ds because it does not exist.

Thanks - - John
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Try it without the quotes around the dataset name. Those are only needed when the pathname includes spaces and they are masking the wildcard.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thanks Craig I did not think including the quotes would matter but that did the trick!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

FYI - if you did actually have spaces in the filename and need to use a wildcard, assuming I recall my "long file names" rules you should be able to do something like this:

$ D:/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/bin/orchadmin rm "D:/rldm psdw/rldm/dataset/"*.ds
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers