Any stage to read or write OAG message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gowrishankar_h
Participant

Any stage to read or write OAG message

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Hi,

Its there any stage to read or write OAG message?.I need to read the mainframe file from cff stage and do required transformation and compose OAG message and write it to a queue.

Its better to use MQ connector to write in queue or to use unix scriipt to write in queue..Which will be better and why?

Thanks,
Gowri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ordinarily OAG messages travel as XML documents, so the XML stage should be able to handle them if you have the schema available.

You could, of course, create your own custom stage type.

You might find this developerWorks article on the OAG Integration Specification interesting, even though it does not talk about DataStage implementation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi ,
Its good to use mq connector stage because it has useful supports like mq dynnamic queue, transmission queue,shared clusted queue. It can also have standard reject link.
gowrishankar_h
Participant

Post by gowrishankar_h »

Will the Mq connector will run in parallel and unix script will run on header note...so it will be good performance if we use Mq connector...am i right..
gowrishankar_h
Participant

Post by gowrishankar_h »

expert please let me know will Mq connector will run only in sequential or it will run in parellel also?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Performance is not generally a reason to choose the MQ Connector --- the environment is. If you are receiving the messages via MQ, then great --- use the MQ Connector --- it will read your incoming messages as soon as they arrive...and that would be faster than using some other utility to write the messages from MQ to disk, and then use DataStage.

...but if you aren't receiving the messages via MQ, then it is a moot question.

Exactly how are the messages arriving?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
gowrishankar_h
Participant

Post by gowrishankar_h »

eostic wrote:Performance is not generally a reason to choose the MQ Connector --- the environment is. If you are receiving the messages via MQ, then great --- use the MQ Connector --- it will read your incoming ...
Thanks...but i want to know Mq connector will do parellel loading when queue is used as target.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I've never tried "writing" with a multi-node config and allowing multiple processes at the target MQ connector, but can't think of any reason why it wouldnt work. Each instance of the operator would have its own process and its own connection to the same queue, just as if you wrote separate multiple jobs to do the same thing. Just be sure that your messages are allowed to be written in any order. In may situations, preservation of order is required, thus requiring that the Connector be run in Sequential mode.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>