Append operation for DataSet - output from xml input stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

techiexavier
Participant

Append operation for DataSet - output from xml input stage

Post by techiexavier »

Hi All,

My job design is as below,

External source stage ---> XML Input stage (url input) ---> Data set

I have set of XML files in a folder. With the help of external source stage i am reading the file urls and passing it as source for XML input stage. I need the out from XML input stage for all files into one data set. So that i can use one single job to read all data for further processing. so i have selected the append operation in data set.

It is incremental load. So before the next day's process i want the dataset to be cleared. Since data set in append mode i will be having old data also in the dataset now.

Please let me know how can i have an empty dataset before every day's processing.

TIA.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Try it. Using this technique, it will work without append mode. When you have (say) 300 xml files in a single directory, a single Job run will read thru all of them, delivering parsed rows to your DataSet .....as though it was one big xml document.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Append operation for DataSet - output from xml input sta

Post by chulett »

techiexavier wrote: need the out from XML input stage for all files into one data set.
As noted, that is exactly what will happen by default, no need to append or clear - just replace each time.

And ps - you are not using a Server job. I corrected your post and moved it to the proper forum.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Thanks for the input.. Created a sample job and tried. It is work in overwirte move mode itself as expected..

Thanks.