Dataset to Oracle OCI - Random RCP Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AlanP
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dataset to Oracle OCI - Random RCP Error

Post by AlanP »

There is a generic load job that reads a Dataset and writes it to an Oracle OCI stage. The job uses RCP entirely.
The error we are getting is:-

Item #: 14
Event ID: 57786
Timestamp: 2013-07-07 06:15:18
Type: Fatal
User Name: dsops
Message Id: IIS-DSEE-TFIP-00034
Message: ociTarget,0: Could not find input field "COST_CATEG".

Item #: 15
Event ID: 57787
Timestamp: 2013-07-07 06:15:18
Type: Fatal
User Name: dsops
Message Id: IIS-DSEE-TFDR-00050
Message: ociTarget,0: Fatal Error: Unexpected runtime failure in data set preparation.

The error is random because we can then re-run the job without any modification and it will succeed.
The field it is complaining about is actually named "COST_CATEGORY_SID: decimal[38,0];"
After reading on the forum about problems with reading and writing datasets using different configurations I checked what configurations were being used.
The Dataset is created in Overwrite mode under 2 nodes. It is then read in a different job using 1 node.
This job that has the random error later reads the Dataset under 2 nodes again.

Has anybody seen this error before or could shed any light on what might be happening here?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

While I have no idea what could be happening, I would recommend adding "$OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS" to your job in order to be able to trace if the column "COST_CATEG" is read in from the dataset and, if so, where it disappears in the stream.

The Dataset will be repartitioned as needed (but in this case it was written with a 2 node and subsequently read with the same 2-node configuration, so that shouldn't be part of the problem). You could explicitily repartition when reading the dataset if you wish.
AlanP
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by AlanP »

ArndW

Most of the jobs in the project have "$OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS" so I'm sure I can get that added. I should have made it more clear that the dataset is written by a 2-node job, then read by a 1-node job and then read by a 2-node job later.

Alan