while adding a message handler, getting a runtime error '6'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SandhyaShetty21
Premium Member
Premium Member

while adding a message handler, getting a runtime error '6'

Post by SandhyaShetty21 »

Hi,

I am trying to 'Add a Rule to the Message Handler' from job log thu Director, and while I am doing that I am getting a Runtime Error '6' overflow and the Director closes abruptly.

Please let me know if any of you have encountered this issue and the possible cause/ solution to handle this.

Thanks
Last edited by SandhyaShetty21 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome.

Hmmm... seems like some kind of client error. I'm curious, are other people in your shop having the issue and this just happens to you on your PC? If so, I'd suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall of the client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
SandhyaShetty21
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi Craig,

It doesnt seem to be an issue with the client, but with the particular proj (eg: ABC) on QA.

As I have tried opening message handler with the same client
1) on different env (Test), Opens up fine.
2) Tried opening the handler on a different proj (eg :DEF) on the same QA env. Opens up fine.

Now, I want to know if I can delete the .msh file, will it create the file automatically?

Also, If i try the other option of adding the message handler (not through job log), but from Message Handler Management in Director->Tools, however for thsi I would need the Message ID. Where can I find the Message ID (Any IBM website which has a list of the message IDs)
Thanks..
SandhyaShetty21
Premium Member
Premium Member

As a workaround, we recreated the issue on a different project, where we were able to view the Message IDs. After getting the warnings in the different project, retrieved the appropriate message id. Added to the Message Handler Management and it worked fine.

However, the main issue, Add rule to the Message Handler still errors out in this proj with run time error. We have trieed clearing the PH directory as well.. :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Involve your official support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
SandhyaShetty21
Premium Member
Premium Member

You are right.. but, Since we are on DataStage 7.5.2 version which has ended support from IBM, dont think we'll get any answer from them other than to upgrade the environment.
SandhyaShetty21
Premium Member
Premium Member

SandhyaShetty21 wrote:If i try the other option of adding the message handler (not through job log), but from Message Handler Management in Director->Tools, however for thsi I would need the Message ID. Where can I find the Message ID?
Got an answer for this search - we can get the message ID from the RT_log file of the particular Job.