segregation of EBCIDIC files without record type

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hemaarvind1
Participant

segregation of EBCIDIC files without record type

Post by hemaarvind1 »

Hi ,

I have a mainframes data files(EBCIDIC) with header/detail/trailer data where in header and trailer has record types to identify them and segregate in complex flat file stage. The detail record type does not exist (confirmed by customer).

I tried with fixed & single record type options in complex flat file stage but I am getting all the records including header and trailer where in I am interested in only detail record.

Can anyone through some light on this to how to handle this scenario in complex flat file stage?

Thanks in advance.
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Passing over the bad design that creates a record without the record type indicator, CFF allows you to query any part of the input record to determine which copybook to use to parse it. The header and trailer are subject to "direct" logic -- if record type = blah then use bleh -- and you can use reverse logic to identify the detail records -- if [position, length] of record <> header-type and <> trailer-type, for example -- or so I read the attributes in CFF. Good luck.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872