Wild Card - Get File Name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

This is not a new issue. The link refered in this thread was raised by me. I followed with IBM and it took a while to come back to say they was not able to reproduce the issue in their environment. Then after a while they said they managed to redprouce the same error and forwarded to engineering department.

Due to the project nature i forced to finsih the job using different approach.

This is a bug and it is happening in random. At first run DS will warn file x not found. In the next run it will warn file y not found.

So this is up to you guys to decide which approach you choose !
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvalia »

SURA,

What the other approach you took..can you explain how you achived this
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Once we found this issue we was thinking for alternate option too!

That specific source system write the data into file as well as into a table. Source system created a view for us. So our approach went in to different direction.

Before came to some conclusion, i did a job for safer side by using Sequence looping. Get the list of file name in that directory, loop it in the sequence and load it in to a table. It worked well, but i haven't used it.
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

I had the same issue "RC_DATA: Unable to generate a node map from fileset /ods_stage/TEMP/import_tmp_27228b937c2d4.fs." I simply deleted my sequential file stage and created a new one with the same settings, and now the job works. Thanks a lot James for the tip on $APT_IMPORT_PATTERN_USES_FILESET = true
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Version 11.3 processes a file pattern in parallel by default.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius