Question on MS SQL Server Load stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Question on MS SQL Server Load stage

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
I was just curious if there is a parallel stage that is similar to the server stage "MS SQL Server Load".

Thanks - - John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What, one that works on any instance of SQL Server running on UNIX?

I don't believe so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thank You..There is no such stage in the Parallel pallete.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does not the SQL Server Connector stage have a "bulk load" capability?

This stage type only exists if DataStage engine runs on Windows Server; otherwise you can use the ODBC Connector, but it does not have a bulk load capability.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Actually the Connector does have bulk load capability - if you enable "bulk load" in the ODBC driver definition. I'm using that capability right now (literally, since we are loading our data warehouse with the initial data contents as I write this) and the performance gain compared to the normal insert mode is very significant, two orders of magnitude.
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

I enabled "bulk load" in the SQL SERVER ODBC driver definition and my question is what stage are you using that is enabiling you to bulk load into SQL server. Is there a check box?