Help required in Transformer stage 8.7

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kpavan2004
Participant

Help required in Transformer stage 8.7

Post by kpavan2004 »

Hi All ,

I am using DS 8.7 Enterprise Edition. My Job design for delta processing is as below

Seq File --> Join (Reference link is TD Connector Stage) --> Transformer --> Split as per rules like Insert/Update/Close --> Combine and send to target.

I am seeing strange behaviour that when i change the link ordering in the Stage properties of the transformer i am getting different number of records. It is much appreciated if anyone tells us what should be link ordering.
Pavan
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

You cannot have multiple input links in a transformer stage - so only one input link will always appear in the link ordering tab of the transformer stage properties page.

Kindly confirm if you have changed the link ordering in the Join stage.
The link ordering (that specifies which input link will act as a left table/right table) is very important in a Join stage to get desired output.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

In a transformer stage, link ordering simply describes the order in which the output links (constraints and derivations) are processed.

If you are using the "otherwise" constraint option for only one of the output links (to capture any records that did not get written to any other links), make sure that link is the last in the order.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.