Transformer Compilation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Transformer Compilation Error

Post by wittyme »

I know this topic has been asked many times and I did try most of the solutions specified in the previous topics.

No RCP. There are no stage variables used. There are no parameters used in the transformer. Input to transformer is lookup and Output from transformer is a sequential file.

Strange thing is I am getting this error in first compilation and recompile is successful. I close the job and again open after sometime I get the same error in first compilation and recompile is successful again.

Error:

##I IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00002 13:13:46(000) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00002 13:13:46(001) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00002 13:13:46(002) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##W IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00049 13:13:46(005) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
##W IIS-DSEE-TFTM-00012 13:13:46(007) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(008) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 3, character 1].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(009) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 3, character 3].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(010) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 3, character 8].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(011) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 5, character 36].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(012) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 9, character 9].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(013) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 10, character 0].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPS-00038 13:13:46(014) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Expected semi-colon; [line 10, character 13].
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSR-00019 13:13:46(015) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, this is a new topic... we've seen plenty of examples of compiler issues when a transformer is involved but not one where it fails the first attempt and then succeeds after that. I honestly have no idea here but wanted to point that out.

For the record, what exact 8.x version are you running and what compiler are you using?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

APT_COMPILER value is g++
Compiler Options is
-c -O -fPIC -Wno-deprecated -m64 -mtune=generic -mcmodel=small

Transformer is working good in all other jobs and I have not seen this issue in any other jobs
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

I believe this error maybe in field transformations

Here is the code

Code: Select all

===================================================================================================================================================================
Source_Column 	         								Target_Column	  											Transformation 																																	
==================================================================================================================================================================
ID(varchar 18 Not Null)	 								ID(varchar 18 Not Null) Key	          Direct Move																																			
===================================================================================================================================================================
Status(varchar 40 Null), 								Status(varchar 40 Null)								If Trim(Source.StatusIndicator) = 'O' and Trim(Source.Status) = 'Assigned' then 'In Progress' 
StatusIndicator(varchar 40 Null) 																				Else If Trim(Source.StatusIndicator) = 'O' and Trim(Source.Status) = 'In Progress' then 'In Progress' 
																																				Else if Trim(Source.StatusIndicator) = 'O' and Trim(Source.Status) = 'Completed' then 'In Progress' 
																																				Else if Trim(Source.StatusIndicator) <> 'O' and Trim(Source.Status) = 'Assigned' then 'Completed' 
																																				Else if Trim(Source.StatusIndicator) <> 'O' and Trim(Source.Status) = 'In Progress' then 'Completed' 
																																				Else if Trim(Source.StatusIndicator) <> 'O' and Trim(Source.Status) = 'Completed' then 'Completed' 
																																				Else Source.Status
StatusIndicator(VarChar 40 Null),       WorkDate (Date Null)						If Source.StatusIndicator <> 'O' and IsNotNull(Source.CloseDate) then Source.CloseDate
CloseDate(Date Null), 																									Else If Source.StatusIndicator <> 'O' and IsNull(Source.CloseDate) 
WorkDate(Date Null)																											and IsNotNull(Source.WorkDate) then Source.WorkDate 
																																				Else If Source.StatusIndicator <> 'O' and IsNull(Source.CloseDate)
																																				and IsNull(Source.WorkDate) then CurrentDate() Else Source.CloseDate
WorKOrderNumber(VarChar 15 Null)				WorkOrderId(VarChar 255 Null)			Direct Move
RealTS(VarChar NotNull)									WorkLastDate(TimeStamp NotNull)		StringToTimestamp(Source.RealTS,"%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss")
WorkOpenDate(Date Null)									WorkOpenDate(Date Null)					If Source.StatusIndicator = 'O' and IsNotNull(Source.OpenDate) then Source.OpenDate 
StatusIndicator(varchar 40 Null)																				Else If Source.StatusIndicator = 'O' and IsNull(Source.OpenDate) and 
OpenDate(Date Null)																											IsNotNull(Source.WorkOpenDate) then Source.WorkOpenDate Else If Source.StatusIndicator = 'O'
																																				and IsNull(Source.OpenDate) and IsNull(Source.WorkOpenDate) then CurrentDate() Else Source.OpenDate
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm thinking you should be contacting your official support provider on this one...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do other Transformer stages compile OK? I've seen that message indicate that a compiler licence has expired.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

Ya, other transformers compile okay. As I said even this one recompile okay but only the first compilation throws error.
rsomiset
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Transformer Compilation Error

Post by rsomiset »

Did you try deleting the transformer stage and by placing a new one? (Sometimes this worked for me in few of my jobs)
Or
Does this job compile fine in other projects/environments?
Or
Would it be possible to design the job from scratch? If so, can you try and let us know please

--
Raj
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

I have done that and there is no change.

When I remove the transformations for the target date columns workdate and workopendate. It is compiling.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

This job was created as a new job or you did the save as from the other job and modified?

I do found some strange things when i copied it from the other job!
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
wittyme
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wittyme »

this is a new job. Anyway, I deleted those two date transformations and put them in stage variables and call the fields from there. It didn't error out until now. So I hope it worked.

But what puzzles me is earlier why it is successfully recompiling and failing at first compilation if there is any error in the functions.