Invalid precision value. Error in parameter @

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

techiexavier
Participant

Invalid precision value. Error in parameter @

Post by techiexavier »

Hi All,

We are having a parallel job which gets data from a DataSet and loads into oracle table.

Dset --> Tr --> Oracle connector

The job was running fine. We had a change in a filed length from NVarchar(100) to NVarchar(525). After we had this change in DB for varchar filed we are having the issue.

ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = HY104: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver]Invalid precision value. Error in parameter 22. (CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 786).

Parameter 22 is the particular field, in auto generated insert query for which we had done the changes.
I had searched for this is most of the post deals with integer or decimal fields. For my case it is Varchar.

Please help me on this. TIA.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're using an Oracle Connector stage you might be able to change the Error in Size Mismatch property from Yes to No (you'll get a warning instead).

Make sure that the metadata in the job matches the metadata in the table. Ideally re-import the table definition (use the Connector Import Wizard) and re-load into any job that touches this job, which you can determine using a Where Used analysis.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Thanks for the input.

But, Currently the setting is "No" for Fail on size mismatch and still we are facing the issue.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you insert the job parameter "$OSH_PRINTS_SCHEMAS" and set that to 'true' for a run, does this field actually have a Nvarchar(525) throughout the stages in the job?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure that the Precision setting in the Columns grid is not blank.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Scale of the column is actually set to blank. Not sure on how/what to set it, as only the length of the column as been changed.

We also tried with odbc connector instead of oracle connector and recieving the same error.

Job is finishing successfully in Development, but failing in Certification environment.
Oracle DB is owned by Siperian, and they can only increase the length of the column, roll back is not possible. So we are muted on how to bring this error in development and proceed further
Thanks!
Xavi