Reading Packed Decimals in Complex Flat File stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srds2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srds2 »

I am getting the Header Record with all Invalid() here is the sample data I am getting when I view Data for the Header

**Invalid(012c02) like this with some code inside Invalid() in all the columns and getting so many rows with that same invalid codes.

Thanks.
srds2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srds2 »

When I was checking I got a doubt that can we use any column as the Record Id or should we use only the first column as Record Id in the CFF stage when we have multiple record definitions? can anyone clarify this and help me resolve?
I have checked in the documentation but it was mentioned that all record_id columns should be in the same physical location but I couldnt find anything related to my doubt.

Thanks
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Unless someone else knows of an alternative, the record type should always be in the same field (record id) in the same location on every record. This is a standard for COBOL coding, for example. Based on my experience with CFF, with a separate derivation for each output link on the Records ID tab, you can use a "different" field in each derivation, but that would seem to defeat the purpose of CFF for Cobol data (at least).
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
srds2
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srds2 »

Sorry I think I was not clear about my question. I was thinking that can we give 3rd column (Position 11) as the Record Identification or it should always be the First column to identify Header and Detail.

I have given Record Id as Header_Id1='H' for the Header
and Detail_Id1= 'D' for the detail. (For all records this Id is in the same position). As you said its necessary that for all records this ID field should be in the same position.

not sure If I am clear enough. Thanks a lot Franklin for your continuous help in resolving my issue.

Thanks.
Last edited by srds2 on Thu May 23, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.