Need help working with XML file.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hi_manoj
Participant

Post by hi_manoj »

Thought to cross verify the dsx, so what I did is; I renamed my original job is dev and import the same dsx that i have created for test. After import I compile the job and ran it in dev and it completed successfully.

What can be the issue. Please help.

Regards,
Manoj
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Most likely, the environments are not the same....all the stuff you need is exported with the Job...the library details, etc. If they are both the same release and same fix pack level, the job should just "work" as with any Job....I've done it many times and had people ship XML based Jobs to me......should be no difference unless, as noted, the environments have some subtle differences that might impact things....or maybe the .dsx is corrupted (just a far fetched guess).

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
hi_manoj
Participant

Post by hi_manoj »

Hi,

Last time I have not checked include dependent items check box while exporting, but this time I exported the job with include dependent items but the result is same.

you told " If they are both the same release and same fix pack level" . But how I will check whether they are same or not.

Please help.

Regards
Manoj
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Hi hi_manoj,

Check the version.xml document in the InformationServer-root-directory on both servers and maybe on the client as well. All installed patches and fixpacks are registered in this docoment.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Unfortunately your error is not particularly informative -- hard to say if it is a problem with "this job" and its data, or the stage or the installation in general. Do ANY Jobs with the xml Stage work ok?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
hi_manoj
Participant

Post by hi_manoj »

Hi,

Yes the same job is working good in Dev, but when I export it from Dev and import it in Test it is not working. I am not testing the job with a separate input file the file from Test and Dev job are same. I have ftped the file from dev to test.

Here are few error message from Director.

First Fatal error is from XML stage
XML_77,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
XML_77,0: Fatal Error: com/ibm/xml/xlxp2/api/stax/XMLInputFactoryImpl
node_node2: Player 3 terminated unexpectedly.

------
I have checked for the version.xml file and found 9 files in different dir, but not sure which is the correct file. here are the list.

/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/sample/jnlp/webpad/war/app/version.xml
/usr/jdk1.5.0_10/sample/jnlp/webpad/war/app/version.xml
/usr/jdk1.5.0_10.BeforeSol10/sample/jnlp/webpad/war/app/version.xml
/usr/jdk1.6.0_01/sample/jnlp/webpad/war/app/version.xml
/usr/jdk1.5.0_14.BeforeSol10u7/sample/jnlp/webpad/war/app/version.xml
/modl/apps/WebSphere/AppServer/uninstall/framework/version.xml
/modl/apps/IS87/WebSphere/AppServer/uninstall/framework/version.xml
/modl/data/dw/DS85C/Step1_Inst85/is-suite/payloads/Shared/WAS/payload/WAS/WAS/framework/version.xml
/modl/data/dw/DS87/Step1_IBMInstall8.7.0.1/is-suite/payloads/Shared/WAS/payload/WAS/WAS/framework/version.xml
Manoj
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

My question was ....do "any" xml jobs work on your test installation?
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
hi_manoj
Participant

Post by hi_manoj »

Hi,

I am doing the same. Now after all unsuccessful try I am creating a fresh jon in my test environment. Once done I will let you know.

Regards
Manoj
hi_manoj
Participant

Post by hi_manoj »

Hi All, Thanks a lot for all your effort and suggestions on my issue.

The issue is resolved. Actually it is still not happening for me, however the same job is working fine at my client end. The issue is with accessing datastage.

The way I am access datastage (VDI- Virtual Desk top) is different from my client. Any how the bottom line is the same job when he runs from his machine is working fine but when I try from VDI it fails.

I will mark this post resolved. I really appreciate your help.

Regards
Manoj