Error in Unstructured Data stage in v9.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bicchu
Participant

Error in Unstructured Data stage in v9.1

Post by Bicchu »

Hi All,

We have currently installed IBM InfoSphere Information Server v9.1 in Windows 2008 R2 server machine.

We are in the process of doing some POC on Unstructured Data stage of IBM Datastage v9.1.
1. After dragging the stage to the canvas, we have dragged an output link. 2. Then we have gone to the properties of the Unstructured Data stage and try to click on the Configure button.
3. We are getting the following error message.
"Failed to instantiate the resource wrapper class"

Note: The stage was working properly 1 day back. We have restarted the services but no effect.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pratik.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'll step in before Ray does and ask "What changed? Nothing is not the correct answer." :wink:

I'd also be curious if this happens to everyone or just your / your client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Bicchu
Participant

Post by Bicchu »

Hi Chulett,

I am following this forum for quite sometime now. So, it is a mistake on my part for not sharing the whole information.

The IBM Infosphere Information Server v9.1 is being installed in a single server machine with client in the same machine. Currently only one Datastage user is performing the POC.

No configurations have been changed after the stage was working properly.
But surely something has changed because of which this issue is coming. But we are not able to figure out the change. :(

Please let me know if anybody needs any more information. We have all the required admin access of the server machine.
Thanks,
Pratik.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So you are everyone at the moment.

I really don't know the gory details of how the 'wrapper class' is configured or what exactly to look for but hopefully someone else does. The only thing that pops into my head on a Windows server when something works fine one day and doesn't the next is - are you running any anti-virus software on the server? We've seen AV suites delete or quarantine vital bits of DataStage due to 'false positives' in the past...
-craig

Bicchu
Participant

Resolved

Post by Bicchu »

Hi Chulett,

Thanks for your reply.
The issue gets resolved after restarting the entire server machine.

Yes I am everyone at this moment for the server machine. :D
Thanks,
Pratik.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good. Enjoy your POC! 8)
-craig

Bicchu
Participant

Post by Bicchu »

Thanks Chulett. I have successfully completed my POC. Planning to do a POC on Java Integration stage now.
Thanks,
Pratik.
sezerman
Participant

Post by sezerman »

Hi,

In my case, After I got this error, I saw ASB agent stopped. When I started the service again, it was solved.