Restructure stage in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

Restructure stage in datastage

Post by soumya5891 »

I have read on restructure stages(combine stage,subrecord stages, vector stages) in developer guide(IBM) and also in the various sites, but didn't get any clear idea about how to use these.

I want to use these stages in the following scenerio.

Input records:

COL1 COL2
1 A
1 B
2 C
2 D
3 E
3 F
4 G
4 H

Output records:

COL1 COL2 COL3
1 A B
2 C D
3 E F
4 G H

It is very much possible to make it with Pivot Enterprise stage by using in Vertical Pivot mode.

Can you please let me know whether it is possible to achive this by using the restructure stages(combine stage,subrecord stages, vector stages).
Soumya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is not. Your output requires neither vectors nor subrecords, which are what the restructure stages are intended to manipulate.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Thanks Ray for your valuable inputs.

If I want to achieve this using combine records stage,is it possible to meet the functionality?
Soumya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Again no. Read the manuals about what each of these stage types do.

You want to perform a pivot. Therefore use a Pivot stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.