Delete,0: Query returned no results.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Delete,0: Query returned no results.

Post by synsog »

hi, i am facing a similar issue. My DS is running on 4 nodes. I have specified 2 sessionperplayer and hence 8 requested sessions. stil i am getting this warning when there are no records to be fetched :

Delete,0: Query returned no results. No read will be performed.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Rather then jump on the end of an eight year old topic let's get you into one of your own.

What database is this?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Teradata.

Pre-check that there are records to be processed; don't attempt to process if this count is zero.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Thanks for the reply.

We have a process wherein sometimes this can happen that there are no rows to process. It may not happen always.
I need your help with this as i dont want to use message handlers :(

I have not seen such warnings with Oracle or ODBC stages.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My solution is to use a prior server job to determine whether there are any rows to process. This job stores the count of rows to be processed in its user status area, which drives a custom trigger ($UserStatus > 0) to determine whether the next job runs or not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Let me walk you through my job design.
I have 3 TD enterprise stages in one parallel job which run different queries parallely and i am combining the output using a funnel in a file.

With your solution, the prob is, i will have to check the output for all the three queries and run them accordingly(seperate of each other).

Can't we remove the warnings at all?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Talk to your DBA since that's where they are coming from. Perhaps there's an option to override that behavior?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers