Using CFF Stage for Mainframe Files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshulroy
Participant

Using CFF Stage for Mainframe Files

Post by anshulroy »

Hi,
I am using CFF Stage to read the Mainframe files. Till now , we were getting fixed width Binary file and we were able to read them. When i say fixed width, we used to get files with a dot(mainframe tab) between two columns & we used to add a filler in between of one charachter length to read them. But now, we started getting files where there are two consecutive tabs for some records and for others, there is a value in between.

Sample :-
ABC.123.ASER
ABC..ASER
ABC.123..

With the dots shown above, i mean the mainframe tabs. When we used to get files like the first record, it was pretty easy & working with the fixed width. But now, with the files like the records 2 & 3 in the same file, fixed width column structure is reading the content of the other columns .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's not any kind of "fixed width" file, that's a simple tab delimited file and it should parse fine if you change the stage accordingly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers