TD Connector Stage Bulk Load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G_rajeshk
Participant

TD Connector Stage Bulk Load

Post by G_rajeshk »

Hi All,

I am trying to load to Teradata using TD Connector Stage.

Job Design

DB2 ----Transformer----TD Connector (Access Method - Bulk and Load type - Load)

arrry-size- 2000
record count-2000
access method- Bulk
parallel synchronization- no

I'm getting the following error. The job failed.Can somebody help us in resolving the issue .

Teradata_Connector_20,0: The estimated row length of 431 bytes multiplied by the array size of 2000 is 862000 which exceeds the maximum buffer size of 64260 [:0]

Teradata_Connector_20,0: RDBMS code 2113: libloadop.so) instance(1): INITIATE method failed with status = Fatal Error SQL statement: INSERT INTO IPPT_CALC_PRD
<snip>
(CC_TeraParallelTransporter::initiate, file CC_TeraParallelTransporter.cpp, line 1249) [pxbridge.C:5955]

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
Rajesh G
Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh Gopalsamy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Looks like one solution would be to drop your array size below 150.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
prasannakumarkk
Participant

Post by prasannakumarkk »

array size = buffer_size/row length.
Thanks,
Prasanna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could also increase the default buffer size in Teradata. Beware, however, if you're using multiple sessions, that they share the buffer. So

Code: Select all

ArraySize = (buffersize / sessions) / rowlength
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
crystal_pup
Participant

Post by crystal_pup »

Decrease the array size value to somewhere like 150 or 200.It will solve the problem.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

A bad array size should only cause the connector to swap out to TMPDIR, not abort the job. (I think)

Double check the table definition you are using actually matches the table you are loading.

Try modifying your BULK to IMMEDIATE to see if if that gets rid of the abort. (as a test)

Did you happen to use Balance Optimization to help create the job?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

crystal_pup wrote:Decrease the array size value to somewhere like 150 or 200.It will solve the problem.
150 or 200 won't... do the math and you'll see that the maximum array size without increasing the buffer would be 149.0951276102088 which is why I said less than 150.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Paul is correct. Overstating the array size will not abort the job; lacking other errors it will finish successfully, though less efficiently. The issue is buffering within Teradata (which is why increasing the default buffer size there is an option).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And yet all it complained about was the array size and then logged a fatal error. So the array size isn't the source of the fatality, something else is going on here? Perhaps something not included in the post?
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's something wrong with the INSERT statement, which is why the INITIATE method failed.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Makes sense. I removed the rather large list of column names as all it was doing was pushing the edge of the post way too far to the right. I don't recalling there being anything that looked improper with it, perhaps just column name issues?
-craig

kwwilliams
Participant

Post by kwwilliams »

Teradata TPT ignores the array size when in bulk mode. Ignore the warning on the buffer size. If you switch the access method to immediate, the array size would be an issue. IBM is trying to be informative in telling you about the buffer size, but I wish they would not display it unless it is applicable it confuses everybody.

Post your insert statement, that is where you will find the error.