OracleConnector connection clossing intermittentlyORA-12545

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vintipa
Participant

OracleConnector connection clossing intermittentlyORA-12545

Post by vintipa »

Hi Experts,

I have an issue where the jobs that ran correctly for months are failing suddenly with oracle connection error : ORA-12545.
"
LKP_INSTALL_NORM_SUP_HIST: [IIS-CONN-ORA-001004] The connector could not establish connection to Oracle server CQRTDM1.WORLD. Method: OCIServerAttach, Error code: 12545, Error message ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist. (CC_OraConnection::verifyConnection, file CC_OraConnection.cpp, line 2851)
"
There is no change in the oracle server of InfoSphere server.
Same job runs sometmes and sometimes it will fail. So we are not able to run any sequencer. Please suggest what can lead the oracle connection to fail time and again. View data and test connection work fine though.

Thanks in advance
Vinay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Something has changed, it would seem. First thing I'd do in your shoes is take the issue to your DBA and see what they think might be going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are any of the connection values supplied as parameters? If so, are the values supplied for these parameters always accurate?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Is your Oracle DB in RAC environment?
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Oracle DB in not in RAC
Vinay
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi Ray,

Yes all the credential are passed as parameters and the values are accurate everytime. we have tried passing the values manually aswell.
Vinay
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Hi Chullet,

I have checked with the DBA and he rules out any issues with the database as we are able to connect via PLSQL developer, TOAD etc. even with DS connection test shows successful. also jobs run at some times and fail most other times. Issue is intermitent.

I observe that when a job fails its logs show that If it has 10 Connector stages in it, 7-8 Connectors will show successful connection and the remaining 2-3 connectors fail with error ORA-12545. and some time same jobs succeeds in all connections and completes with same parameters and DB connections etc.

Surprisingly when i am connecting to same DB via other development InfoSphere server, it has not failed yet.

Very confusing and misleading signs of behaviour. Need your help desperately.
Vinay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How many listeners has the DBA configured? How many of these are you trying to use? What other competition is there for listeners?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Talk to your DBA about the limits they have configured, there are several possible. Connections can be limited by user, there's an overall limit as well. There are also O/S limits that can come into play.
-craig

vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Ray,

There is only 1 listener confirgured. and there is no much competdtion to InfoSphere. another application like SAP will connect and with less load at max.
Vinay
vintipa
Participant

Post by vintipa »

Experts,

Thanks for your inputs. This has led us to bypass the DNS to point Infosphere directly to Staging DB and vice versa. This has resolved the issue and jobs working fine.
Vinay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... if you're having DNS issues, those should be looked into and resolved as well. By someone else, thankfully. :wink:
-craig