Split one column into multiple columns

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

surajspatil
Participant

Post by surajspatil »

I have data in one column which is separated by comma which look like below
1st row
MTCN,Rec Date,Payee Name,Sender Name,Rec Acct,TID,OPID,NETID,Orig-Pay-NAID,Cnl-Acct,TID,OPID, PRD,Prin,Charges,Tot fee,Gross,Del Svc,Comment
2nd row
`973XXXX80,03-06-13,JOSE ALFREDO\GUTIERREZ VASQUEZ,JOSE ALFREDO\GUTIERREZ VASQUEZ,VST121707,AE91,001,00690,MXV01,VKC358297,W244. ........

I need to ignore 1 row and from 2nd row i need to split data in to multiple data in separate columns
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read with a Sequential File stage with First Line is Column Names set to True. Read the whole row into a single column, whose data type is a sufficiently large VarChar.

Parse the data using a Column Import stage or a Transfomer stage using Field() functions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
surajspatil
Participant

Post by surajspatil »

Ray,
as said in my first line.. data is there in table with one column and data residing is delimited by comma, i tried to use Filed function in transformer to split one column into multiple columns but i need to ignore the one row which has column names.. i hope you got what i'm saying.
prasannakumarkk
Participant

Post by prasannakumarkk »

If there are no other columns, and the column header is static, hard code the static value in transfomer constraint column as not equal to
Thanks,
Prasanna
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

So the source is a DB? If that is the case - are you able to ensure that the first row selected is the header row? If you can you can just as easily exclude it in your select statement.
surajspatil
Participant

Post by surajspatil »

even if i ensure the first row will always be headers, then how do i query to select all rows except first row, is there any db2 sql to do so?? i didn't find any in forums. plz provide me one sql where i can exclude first row.
prasannakumarkk
Participant

Post by prasannakumarkk »

MTCN will never be char

Write you query as
select col1 from table where not col1 like 'MTCN%'
Thanks,
Prasanna
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Split one column into multiple columns

Post by ShaneMuir »

Use a nested select statement where you add a row number:

select * from
(select key, row_number() over(partition by 1) as rownum from table1)
where rownum > 1;