XML Stage in 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Christina
Participant

XML Stage in 8.5

Post by Christina »

Hi,

I have a requirement to read multiple XML files... Can we use this XML stage to read multiple files? When i try to open assembly editor i am getting an error as unale to create log file in directory c:\temp....
I am connecting through citrix.

Am i missing something? What causes this error?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Don't know what that particular error is (could just be a simple install issue with the Stage on that central machine...it might be trying to lay down Flash, if it wasn't already installed). As the folks that support that machine and have appropriate administrator rights to get into the stage and finish the install if needed.

While you work that out, the answer is yes, DS can easily read multiple xml documents, and with two different stages ...the xmlInput Stage and the xml stage.

Tell us more about your xml documents, their size, the number of them, etc. and we can best advise what stage types to use. In the meantime, start searching the threads...there are 100's of xml posts about reading xml as a source, how to manipulate the elements and attributes, how to perform optional validation, etc. etc. etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>