Decimal Places getting truncated while moving data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kagnihotri
Participant

Post by kagnihotri »

Hi Crag ....Is is EXACTNUMERIC in uvconfig?
Last edited by kagnihotri on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If we were talking about Server jobs then I'd say yes, definitely. However, I'd first try the APT variables that Eric posted for Parallel jobs. And you don't need to set them at the project level, you could start with just adding them to the job in question before you decide to set it project-wide.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kagnihotri
Participant

Post by kagnihotri »

Hi Craig and Eric,
The following are the values set at my projetc level:
APT_DECIMAL_INTERM_PRECISION =38 which is default value and APT_DECIMAL_INTERM_SCALE =10 which is default value.

I also tries using them at job level but it didn't work. (I used them from parameter box)
I have a special req. for where jobs need to take source value greated than 15 digits AS IT IS and put that value in target. I do not need to message any data and as the job is generic, we just pass source table name and target table name to transfer the data.(using RCP).

.Please help. Thanks a lot in advance for helping me.
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

Hi,

Did you check the schema definition at runtime (APT_PRINT_SCHEMAS) to see if any truncation appears at runtime?

Are you sure that the entire part of you number is small enough to fit into the target (and if there is any blank or zero leading the value)?

Eric
kagnihotri
Participant

Post by kagnihotri »

HI Eric,
Thanks for reply!!

The source and target tables are oracle tables. The The source and target column datatypes unbound NUMBER. My number qualifies to fit in NUMBER datatype.

There is NO truncate happening. Its the proper ROUND OFF happening which actually getting source number(decimal or non decimal) to fit in 15 digit in target. Its not going beyond 15 digit in length in target.

Please help