Complex flat file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lathalr
Participant

Complex flat file

Post by lathalr »

Hi All,

I am trying to read the data using CFF stage. Input file is in text format with /n as record delimeter and byte order as native-endian and char set as ASCII and data format as binary. I am trying to read this file using CFF stage. My job ran successfully but only zero records loaded into target. I have used the same format in CFF stage in record options tab. But still am facing this problem. Can anyone pls help me on this?
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

My experience with Complex Flat Files has been that they are used for COBOL data. But I'll see if I can help. We do need a bit more information. Is your data really a binary (raw) data file? What is the source? What kind of processing are you expected to do with the data? Maybe another stage would be better...
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
lathalr
Participant

Post by lathalr »

Hi Andy,

Thanks for ur help. My problem was resolved. Actually the problem is with my data. Now its working fine. Thanks once again.