There is a circularity in the dataflow between operators.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VIDHATHA
Participant

There is a circularity in the dataflow between operators.

Post by VIDHATHA »

Hi All,
My job got aborted by giving of error "There is a circularity in the dataflow between operators." .if i run the same job by adding of APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION=TRUE its running continuosly and not giving any result. iam comparing source data with target using Change capture stage in that job.can you please help me on this.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Detail your job design, please.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

IS the (source,change) OR reference data(before) and target the same object ( FILE or Database table ) ?

Combining operators will create circularity because of references within a single process , disabling combination shoudl ideally allow process isolation. That could explain what you see. Why don't you use a temporary dataset as a target and load it to the real target in a seperate job ?
Or alternatively - create a dataset for reference data (to compare source against )
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Short answer: design your juob such that there is no circularity of operators.

To be honest, I'm surprised that such a job passed the pre-compilation checks.

Without knowledge of your job design it is impossible to say more. We await your response.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.