Loading special characters in Teradata - Bulk mode

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lohit
Premium Member
Premium Member

Loading special characters in Teradata - Bulk mode

Post by Lohit »

Hello,

I am trying to load data from DB2 into Teradata using Bulk(Fast) method with the connector stage (DS 8.5). If using NLS='window-1252' and Client Character Set='LATIN1252_0A' there are issues with some special characters. '9D' hexadecimal in source ends up being '1A' in Teradata.

Was trying to set Client Character Set to UTF16 but the job aborts. However, setting NLS=UTF-16' for the job and Client Character Set to UTF16 works all right with Immediate method.

Is there any way to make Bulk method loading all possible characters in Teradata?

Thanks,
L.
kwwilliams
Participant

Re: Loading special characters in Teradata - Bulk mode

Post by kwwilliams »

There is only one client character set in Teradata that is 100% compatible with Windows Code page 1252 - LATIN1252_3A0. Currently the Teradata connector does not support this character set. I am working on trying to get the character set supported right now - you should enter a PMR with IBM.
123gopal
Participant

Re: Loading special characters in Teradata - Bulk mode

Post by 123gopal »

could be use the limitations given below
1.set datatype as EDCDIC
2.target table should be empty
3.insert only allowed
4.loads only one table in one job task
mgplk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually the Teradata Connector does not require the table to be empty for FastLoad. Whoever engineered it found a way to bypass that "requirement".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.