Converting from Binary(40) to Varchar 255

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

oracle
Participant

Converting from Binary(40) to Varchar 255

Post by oracle »

Hi all,

I am reading one columns as Binary(40) and populating into varchar(255).
I did n't find any function converting from Binary to Varchar.
Does any one know how we can convert Binary to Varchar.

Thanks
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

Check the 8x documentation (I plan to at some point). In 7x there is no raw (binary) to VarChar funtion to be found.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there a string_from_raw() function for the Modify stage in version 7? (I don't have version 7 documentation with me at the moment.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is there a string_from_raw() function for the Modify stage in version 7? (I don't have version 7 documentation with me at the moment.)
The 7x guide only lists two available functions in Modify, raw to int8 and to int32. :(
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:(

Can you apply RAWTOHEX() function when extracting?
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.