Difference Stage Versus Change Capture Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Difference Stage Versus Change Capture Stage

Post by rameshrr3 »

I need some good reference for the comparison between Difference Stage and Change Capture stage in terms of performance & features. The only difference I could see so far was the requirement of pre sorted inputs to Difference stage ( and less important is the different integer values for the change codes ( Copy/Modify/Add/Delete ) )
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The best reference is the chapter for each stage type in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide. Put them "side by side" mentally. You'll also find the statement that one has been deprecated in favour of the other; take that statement with the proverbial grain of salt.

The big difference (for me) is the structure of the output. And don't forget that there's a Compare stage too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Yes I remember seeing that the Difference stage was deprecated - But I have been seeing that in the docs ever since we had version 8. Im using v 8.7 now - and I can still the Difference stage ( as well as Compare stage - which by the way is giving me an error - Off to search i go :( )