multiple instance

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sunitha_cts
Participant

multiple instance

Post by sunitha_cts »

HI,

I created a generic load job which loads source table into target table.
This job should loads mutiple source tables from one server into multiple tables in another server .

Please let me know how can this be achieved .

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Sunitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just curious, have you tested it with more than one table? Also, are there likely to be any "troublesome" columns, such as BLOB data type, that might bite you?

The short answer is: run it multiple times.

If you require these to be simultaneous, then create the job as being enabled for multi-instance operation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sunitha_cts
Participant

Post by sunitha_cts »

Hi,

The tables do not have BLOB data type and i have tested the generic job by enabling run column propagtion to load single table .

But multiple tables need to be loaded using the same generic job.

Please let me know your ideas on this.

Thanks
Sunitha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have already given my (complete) answer. Get yourself a premium membership so that you can read it. Premium membership is inexpensive (less than Rs12 per day) and helps to defray the hosting and bandwidth costs of DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.