DB2 Connector View Data Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarkb
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Connector View Data Error

Post by kumarkb »

Hi,
In our project DB2 setup was done 1 week back and to test the setup I designed a simple job (with only 2 stages) Reading from DB2 table using DB2 connector and target is Peek.
This job is running successfully without any warnings and the data is logged in the director
but the problem is that when I try to Test or View the data in the DB2 connector stage I am getting below error messages,

"The connection failed"
"The DB2 Library could not be Loaded"

DS version is 8.7

Note: I tried to search for this issue in the forum, but all I found is one statement by Ray that "...we cannot rely on the View utility",
I am sorry if I did not search properly
Thanks & Regards
KB
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Rely is one thing, work is another. It should work even if what it shows you may not be reliable. :wink:

Sounds like you may need to contact your official support provider about a patch / fixpack as that smells a little buggy to me.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Whenever you see "library could not be loaded" error messages check that the library's parent directory is included in the shared library search list (typically the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or LIBPATH environment variable) and that the executing user has execute permission for that library. If you're running a 32-bit DataStage, make sure that you're finding the 32-bit DB2 library rather than, or at least ahead of, the 64-bit DB2 library.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumarkb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kumarkb »

I tried changing the order i.e., 64 after 32 but still I am getting the same error.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH have the following
"/usr/lib:/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib:/app/ibm/db2/V10.1/lib32:/app/ibm/db2/V10.1/lib64:/opt/mqm/lib64"

fyi
"/opt..." is for the MQ
Thanks & Regards
KB
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... I figured that would have to be all correct seeing as how the job actually runs fine, the only issue is with the View Data option. Switching those around may actually cause the job to no longer run.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ulab
Participant

Post by ulab »

HI Kumar,

did you got the same issue in the earlier version(8.5) also?

Regards,
Balu
Ulab----------------------------------------------------
help, it helps you today or Tomorrow
kumarkb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kumarkb »

We are directly working on 8.7
Thanks & Regards
KB