Number of input links supported on DTS stage ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g.santhosh
Participant

Number of input links supported on DTS stage ?

Post by g.santhosh »

When i tried connecting 23 input links to DTS stage i am getting below error "main_program: Internal Error: (inputDataSetNum < m_inputLinkObjArraySize): pxbridge.C: 2186
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH"

But job is running fine with 20 input links. Is there any max limit on number of input links supported?. If so how can i increase this limit?. Thanks in advance.
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

There is no maximum input links for the DTS Stage, but it is observed that the performance will be degraded after having more than 32 links in a single DTS.
Rgrds,
Abhi
g.santhosh
Participant

Post by g.santhosh »

any ideas on which issues may lead to this error?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Based on that "internal error" you posted, I would imagine you'd need to involve your official support provider to find out what's going on. Unless there is a property in the stage where you can adjust the "array size"? Doubt it, somehow.

What exact version are you on? Are you current on your fixpacks?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
g.santhosh
Participant

Post by g.santhosh »

And also to what extent it ll reduce the performance as we are planning for nearly 50 links
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

We are currently using DataStage Version 8.5 with Fix Pack 1.
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

50 :shock: links will be too much, the performance will not be good.

I would suggest to play a little with your job design, use 2 DTS Stages and distribute the links among them.
Rgrds,
Abhi
mujeebrahman
Participant

Post by mujeebrahman »

If we use 2 DTS stages, can we use same work queue for both. In case of job failure, do you know how the roll back and replay will happen if we use 2 DTS stages?

Your help of this is much appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

oacvb wrote:We are currently using DataStage Version 8.5 with Fix Pack 1.
As far as I can recall version 8.5 is up to Fix Pack 4.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

If we use 2 DTS stages, can we use same work queue for both.
Yes, you can use 2 DTS stage using single work queue.
In case of job failure, do you know how the roll back and replay will happen if we use 2 DTS stages?
In case of job failure, your message will reside into work queue. About rollback and other, It all depends on your job design.

Below is the normal flow for processing MQ messages:

1. Source Queue --> Message will arrive into this queue for processing.

2. When the job is kicked off, it start processing the messages. For processing the messages, it move the message into the work queue.

Source Queue --> Messaged moved for processing --> Work Queue

3. Message will reside into the work queue, until message has been processed successfully by DTS.

4. If any error arrived or Reject queue has been set properly then the message has been moved to reject queue.

5, In case, if we want to archive the successful message after processing, and archive queue is set. then the message will be moved to archival queue.

Hope this will help.
Rgrds,
Abhi