Infosphere Information Server with Tivoli LoadLeveler

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Infosphere Information Server with Tivoli LoadLeveler

Post by zulfi123786 »

We migrated from Datastage 8.0 to DataStage 8.5 on grid environment that uses IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler LoadLeveler for creating dynamic configuration file.

Is there any documentation that describes how to set up IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler LoadLeveler with Infosphere Information server on AIX ?

I found a RebBook that talks about Load Leveler on Linux and a chapter on Parallel Job developer guide "Grid Deployment" but that too only on Linux.

Any reference to AIX documentation would be of great help.

Also I could see that configuration file is dynamically created when jobs are submitted to the queue but when I log into Administrator I see that the Grid option is unticked and greyed out also my jobs do not have Grid tab in job properties window.

Little confused as how the jobs are running over the grid when the grid checkbox in Administrator is not ticked.

Thanks
- Zulfi
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Personally don't use LoadLeveler, but found this in IIS manual. From the Administrator client:

A. Open the Properties window for the project that you are deploying on a grid.

B. In the Properties window, click Parallel to open the Parallel page.

C. Select the Enable grid support for parallel jobs option.

Hopefully this will help.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Load Leveler documentation is available in the online IBM Cluster Information Center (a quick Google search will get you there). Other than the AIX-specific items (if any) for installing Load Leveler, there will be very little difference in LL<->IS configuration from what is listed in the Redbook you found. The examples in the Redbook were created w/in Linux, hence the Linux "slant" to them, but are not necessarily Linux-specific.

On the assumption that your 8.0 Grid environment utilized the IBM grid toolkit, I would recommend contacting your official support provider if you haven't already. There have likely been updates to the toolkit that your 8.5 environment can take advantage of.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.