Stored procedure on Sybase ASE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

uzl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Stored procedure on Sybase ASE

Post by uzl »

I'm trying to use a stored procedure on Sybase ASE. All works fine as long as the stored procedure doesn't use any input parameters. When I use an input parameter I get the error : 'Procedure TV_testOutputParams_simple expects parameter @type_in, which was not supplied. '. On SQL Server, I have no problems.
Has anybody experience with this ?
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Are you changing the stored procedure stage "type"? If you now have both input and output parameters it should be changed to "transform". If you have only input parameters and no output parameters it should be set to "target".

I checked the Connectivity Guide to Stored Procedures and it does say that Sybase is supported and the restrictions aren't related to this.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
uzl
Premium Member
Premium Member

thanks

Post by uzl »

Thanks for the info. I'll try setting the type to "target" as soon as possible. But I find it strange that I have to change it to "target" just because I have an input parameter. Functionally, this stage is a "source"-stage...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Andy said to use 'Target' if it only takes input. That's clearly not the case for you. Even though it is being used as a source, have you tried setting the type to Transform?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers