Oracle connector giving error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pravenai
Participant

Oracle connector giving error

Post by Pravenai »

Hi,

I am trying to use Oracle connector stage as a target in my parallel job. I am getting the following error while running the job:
The connector could not establish connection to Oracle server . Method: OCIServerAttach, Error code: 12,545, Error message ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.

The job runs fine if I use an Oracle enterprise stage.

Could you please let me know what I am missing here?

Regards,
Praveen
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the spelling of every identifier in the Oracle Connector.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pravenai
Participant

Post by Pravenai »

Hi,

I checked all parameters that I am passing to the oracle connector stage but still getting the error.

1) XA database name - the parameter which I used for Remote DSN in Oracle enterprise stage
2) Username - same used in Oracle enterprise stage
3) Password - same used in Oracle enterprise stage
4) Write mode - Delete
5) Delete statement _ I pasted the delete statement from the Oracle enterprise stage which was auto generated.

When I test the connection in Connector stage, nothing comes up.
Also when I view the data through the enterprise stage, I get an error message :
Am exception occurred because the query returned 2 instances of connector when a single unique instance is required.

The error message which I get while running the job shows connector error. However the same parameters when used in Oracle Enterprise stage works perfectly fine.

Regards,
PR
jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jerome_rajan »

Could THIS be your solution?
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Pravenai
Participant

Post by Pravenai »

Thanks Jerome.

Also I added the database name in the sever name parameter which made my job running.