Handle exception case in database load failuare

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Handle exception case in database load failuare

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,

I need to handle the exception in case of load failed.Can i implement in datastage like ,i can commit the database once load get finished successfully otherwise if it get failed in between,i have to rollback.

Any suggestion.

Thanks
Prasoon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes you can, but you will want to become very good friends with the DBA if you want to create such enormous transactions!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Thanks ray for your reply.So better i am thinking to go for delete the commited data in case of batch failuar,but i am not sure how delete will perform on millions records,so in your view what will be best apporach to handle the batch fail.

Thanks
Prasoon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DELETE is good but it, too, is transactional. Pour another beer down your DBA's throat.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.