records grouping into an array structure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hemaarvind1
Participant

records grouping into an array structure

Post by hemaarvind1 »

Hi everyone,

I have a requirment where in i have a source dataset having the records and we have to group the source records into groups of five each and process these groups of records in the further steps.

Can someone please suggest if we can achieve this through aggregator stage and if so, the steps for implementation. if it is not, please suggest an solution.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not enough information (exactly how do you have to group these records?). I'm pretty confident the Aggregator stage is not the way to go, unless very specific circumstances obtain. So how about you explain more fully what you are trying to accomplish, in particular the rules for grouping and what is meant by an array structure in your context.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hemaarvind1
Participant

Post by hemaarvind1 »

there is no specific key to group the records.whatever records are coming from input ,they are to be grouped on the input basis only. I have not registered as a premium user,hence i could not see the remaining part of your message. in your next reply, can i request you to post your replies in normal mode. i understand that i have to register as a premium member to see all these messages.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

He's looking for more specifics from you. So 'groups' of 5 based on input order, fine... but then what? What exactly do you mean by 'array structure'? Details and examples would all be good otherwise we're just guessing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers