Job aborts if composite key columns are passed as a parametr

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ujala
Participant

Job aborts if composite key columns are passed as a parametr

Post by ujala »

Hello all,
I am using netezza connector to update a set of records through Netezza connector through Datastage.
I am using RCP enabled data from dataset and moreover i wanted to resue the same job for different table updates.

While using netezza connector and passing the composite key columns to netezza stage via parameter, job aborts due to the following error:
(Netezza stage expects the key column to update and a check mark in columns tab will not surve the purpose.)

The following key column(s): Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number were not found in the link schema (CC_NZMetadataHelper::validateColumnsAgainstLinkSchema, file CC_NZMetadataHelper.cpp, line 2,917)

Order_Number,Item_number is the composite key which is used for update.

Let me know if any one has the solution for the above stated problem.
Note: It works fine if the composite key columns are selected manually.Problem persists only when passing it through the parameter
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Are you sure your parameter is set correctly. What does the job-log tell your parameter value to be? Is it really "Order_Number,Item_number" or is it "Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number, Order_number,Item_number"?

If it is the latter: How do you select the parameter?
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
ujala
Participant

Post by ujala »

Yes i have set the parameter correctly.

The parameter is "Order_Number,Item_number"

The job executes if i use only one column as key column say for example if i pass only one column as order_number job executes fine problem occurs when i give multiple columns
abhinavsuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abhinavsuri »

Did you get a solution to this problem?
ujala
Participant

Post by ujala »

No i didnot get any solution!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well past time to involve your official support provider, it would seem. Did you look to see if there were any patches available for that connector? What exact 8.x version are you running?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ujala
Participant

Post by ujala »

Yes, i looked to see for patches and found that there were no patches available for netezza connector.

I am using Datastage v8.7
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would ask if you finally involved support but worry it would be two or three weeks again before the answer came. And I have a funny feeling we already know the answer...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers