DS Bulk load

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saj
Participant

DS Bulk load

Post by saj »

Hi All ,
I am getting the below error when trying to run the DS job which has oracle bulk load option enabled

The connector was configured to write data in bulk load mode and the reject condition for checking constraints was selected for the reject link. For this operation to work it is necessary to also provide the exceptions table name. (CC_OraConnection::checkEnvironment, file CC_OraConnection.cpp, line 4,921)The connector was configured to write data in bulk load mode and the reject condition for checking constraints was selected for the reject link. For this operation to work it is necessary to also provide the exceptions table name. (CC_OraConnection::checkEnvironment, file CC_OraConnection.cpp, line 4,921)

After giving the reject link also the same error is coming up. Please help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your issue and solution are detailed in the message you posted. "Bulk load" in Oracle means sqlldr and that utility has the option to capture rejects to an exceptions table rather than failing. In order for it to do that you must tell it the name of the exceptions table to write to. I don't have access right now but I would imagine that this would not be handled by a reject link but rather by a property you set within the stage.

For (perhaps more than you'd ever want) detail on the subject, Tom Kyte has a couple of blog posts on the subject:

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2005/07/how-cool-is-this.html

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2005/07/how-c ... rt-ii.html
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
saj
Participant

Post by saj »

We have mentioned the exception table name also ..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And what happened - you got the exact same error? You mentioned it where exactly?
-craig

saj
Participant

Post by saj »

yes , we got the same error which has been posted
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One of two questions answered...

Note that I honestly don't know the answer here, just trying to get past the obvious issues and hoping that someone who's actually done this shows up and lends a hand. :wink:
-craig

laloe84
Participant

Post by laloe84 »

This problem arises because you previously used a Oracle stage with different constraints. Try to put again a Oracle target stage and review what are the constraints selected then cleared all the selected constraints ..save and compile the Job again. This worked for me.
Regards.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

What was the full text of the error message(s) - warnings and aborts? Reviewing that would be a good place to start.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Glad what you did worked for you but wondering how you have any idea that the original poster 'previously used a Oracle stage'... 3 years ago. :wink:
-craig