getting null value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hargun
Participant

getting null value

Post by hargun »

hi,

i have write query and having column name Dealer number as primary key and non null .

while executing the query in oracle sql developer i am not getting any null for this particular column but while using the same query in oracle connector stage running job getting aborted with below error.

Attempt to SETis null for non null able values.

i have set the nullability of this column to "NO" because this is primary key column.

i am using oracle connector stage and putting the records into sequential file
i am not using NVL function in query because i am not getting any null value and query also runs fine but job is getting aborted.

i investigate but no luck.

please help me on this.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: getting null value

Post by SURA »

hargun wrote:i have set the nullability of this column to "NO" because this is primary key column.
In table / Datastage / BOTH?
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
debasisp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by debasisp »

Hi,
If the primary key field is specified as NULLBLE=YES in Oracle then please do a SELECT COUNT(*) check in your table to find out the Null counts for that column.

Cheers
Debasis
hargun
Participant

Re: getting null value

Post by hargun »

SURA wrote:
hargun wrote:i have set the nullability of this column to "NO" because this is primary key column.
In table / Datastage / BOTH?
in datastage