warning 'delim=end' did not consume entire input

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vairus
Participant

warning 'delim=end' did not consume entire input

Post by vairus »

Hi all,

i write my unduplicate match and residula results in to a flat file. then i used those flat files as source to write in to the database.

am getting warning while writing into the database

message:initialday_match,0: Import consumed only 365bytes of the record's 375 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

Message:: initialday_residual,0: Field "qsMatchType" with 'delim=end' did not consume entire input, at offset: 309

Message:: initialday_residual,0: Import warning at record 2563947.

initialday_residual,0: Import unsuccessful at record 2563947.

Could you tell me what cause these problems and how to fix this?

Thanks guys in advance
Regards
vairamuthu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It would seem that there's an additional ten characters in the data record that your metadata don't take into account (or 26 based on your "additional info" field). Look at the file using something outside of DataStage, preferably one that has a ruler so it's easy to determine the column numbers, and see what you can see there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
babbu9
Premium Member
Premium Member

re

Post by babbu9 »

I just changed the final delimiter from "end" to "None" and it worked.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only three years ten months later, with an identity change in the interim. Amazing!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

hey ...thanks for the solution.

That worked for me too.

Can anybody shine a light on why though ? Most of the file work with final_delim=end ....what does it do when you specify "none" ?

Also, why is the documentation on schema file formats so sparse ? The help and guide in datastage does not tell you a single damn useful thing.
vishal
vgupta88
Participant

Post by vgupta88 »

Can anyone explain the reason behind this?
It worked for me too.. :)
Vaibhav