XML Input stage Error Handling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

smile.achieve
Participant

XML Input stage Error Handling

Post by smile.achieve »

I have a source data file in XML format , I need to extract data from the XML file and place it in a table. I am able to process the file successfully. But I am not able to handle errors. Say If I change any format of any one row out of 100 rows and process the file. The job still executes successfully and moves 99 rows to the next stage. It does not show which row has the problem.It just omits the row and process the file. I need to get such records in reject file I tried all possible rejection handling but doesn't work??
Smile :)
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Depends on the type of error...

The XML Stage is "shredding" the document...if the document has a problem (bad tags, invalid xml via the schema, etc.), then the WHOLE document will be rejected.

When you say it is one of your 100 rows, what exactly do you mean? Is it one of the 100 "repeating elements" that you are shredding into rows that is not of the quality that you are looking for?

What is the nature of the format error?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Ravi.K
Participant

Post by Ravi.K »

Try to enable reject link and capture the record.
Cheers
Ravi K