Mq stage for pulling .xml large files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Cherukuri
Participant

Mq stage for pulling .xml large files

Post by Cherukuri »

Hi,

I am using Mq stage to pull the .xml files and store it to local path.

if the .xml files size is small then the file is going good as expected. But when using the .xml files in mq more size for example 82.7 KB the file in the local path is truncating the records and when checked it has only 1024 lines in xml file and truncating the rest.

Please could experts advice what could be the possible reason.

my job design is like:
MQstage (source)--->Copystage--->Sequencial filestage(target).

Thanks and Regards,
Kiran Cherukuri.
Cheru
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

That's still a very small document. Some things to check and consider:

a) There's an APT variable APT_DEFAULT_BLOCKSIZE or something like that (I never seem to be able to memorize its name and always have to look it up here or in DS and I don't have DS up and running right now...someone will correct me and fill it in or you will find it in a few seconds yourself). Usually I only need that when the message buffer being written to the link is in the multiple megabyte range, but who knows. Look for threads on this subject in the forum. It has been discussed very often.

b) Your columns. For testing, just have one large longvarchar for your metadata on the output link. Try to determine where the truncation is happening. Check the queue using the MQ command line API or the MQ Explorer. Check the queue size itself to be sure that MQ isn't truncating it. Check the place you are writing the data to, to be sure the output stage or something mid-stream isn't truncating it.

c) Use a Server Job --- even if just for testing and debugging purposes. Server doesn't care. Just create a single column to read the message, make it longvarchar and length of 99999 for documentation purposes. If the document is 3 bytes or 100meg, it will still work just fine.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
aravindunni31
Participant

Post by aravindunni31 »

This Env variable will help
Regards,
Aravind V A