Unable to connect to AS400(DB2) through Datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi Experts,

We are trying to connect to AS/400 through DB2 stage.But when we trying to test the connections;its giving below error.

Code: Select all

Unable to connect to server DEV_AS400. 
We have open the ticket with IBM support and as per them we have to use ODBC to connect Datastage to DB2 on our AS/400. Is this true? :? So in new version 8.7 we can't connect to AS/400 through DB2 :shock:
In my last project(Version 7.5.1) we were able to connect to mainframes from Datastage through DB2 API stage.

Also when we login to i-series Navigator,where can we find instance name, because in import DB2 wizard we need to give Instance name...? :oops:

Appreciate all your help!!
Thanks in Advance!!
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Of course you can use the DB2 stage to connect to the AS400. The error message that you got indicates that your connection setup between the DataStage and the AS400 is not done correctly. You first need to do the Catalog TCPIP Node, Catalog Database and then define the ODBC DSN entry in .odbic.ini and uvodbc.config.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Thanks for the help.

Where can we add/find the Catalog TCPIP Node,Catalog Database ?
Appreciate all your help!

Thanks!!
rohitagarwal15
Participant

Post by rohitagarwal15 »

You can contact your Database team (AS400) they can help you out in catalogging of database and node also (TCP/IP).
Rohit
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi Experts,

After the discussion with IBM support team, we are planning to connect to i-series AS/400 thorugh odbc connection. :roll:
As per the IBM documents DB2EE and DB2-API stage are Deprecated stages.
We can't connect to i-series from db2 connector stage. So only option is odbc connection(where in we can do parallelly processing). :evil:

Thanks!!
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

But are there drivers in DataDirect drivers for i-series/AS/400 in IBM Information Server list? I dont think so.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm quite surprised to hear that the DB2 Connector cannot be used to connect to DB2 on iSeries. I understood that that was one of the features of the Connector over the Enterprise stage. And you definitely can use the DB2 API stage to connect to DB2 on iSeries, albeit only in sequential mode. (The DB2 client on your DataStage server does require DB2 Connect to be installed.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.