NLS locale (US-ENGLISH) has been specified for category TIME

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

NLS locale (US-ENGLISH) has been specified for category TIME

Post by peep »

Hi when i run a job then i am encountering this message "NLS locale (US-ENGLISH) has been specified for category TIME, but is not available ."

I did go into director tools and uncheck the comparision of time between client and the server.

I think the time stamp between client and the server is differnet. thats the reason i am encountering this issue.

can you please give me your experts adivse .
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: NLS locale (US-ENGLISH) has been specified for category

Post by chulett »

peep wrote:I think the time stamp between client and the server is differnet. thats the reason i am encountering this issue.
No, that only can affect the Director (not the running of jobs) and there is a very specific message you get from the Director when the times are out of sync enough for it to care.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually it's neither of the things you envisage.

Was this job exported from a system on which NLS is enabled and imported to this system on which NLS is not enabled? The request for the NLS locale setting has come with the job, but the locale is not available on a system on which NLS is not installed or not enabled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.