Interpreting The Job Score

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jonesv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Interpreting The Job Score

Post by jonesv »

Hi,

I have a job that APPEARS to be the same between our DEV and QA environments. I took a look at the generated OSH code and it is identical in both environments. I then took a look at the job score and noticed some differences. One that I would like to get to the bottom of is that the job score for the DEV job reports that it has 6 datasets and the QA job has 7 datasets. Here are the diffs:

DEV: (datasets 0 through 4 are identical in both envs)

Code: Select all

ds5: {op1[2p] (parallel APT_CombinedOperatorController:ds_RegData)
      =>
      /DataStageProjects/Multi_Channel_Rtl/ILOS_Online_Shopping/CheetahMailRegistrationFeed/datasets/RegData.ds}
QA:

Code: Select all

ds5: {op5[2p] (parallel delete data files in delete /DataStageProjects/Multi_Channel_Rtl/ILOS_Online_Shopping/CheetahMailRegistrationFeed/datasets/RegData.ds)
      >>eCollectAny
      op6[1p] (sequential delete descriptor file in delete /DataStageProjects/Multi_Channel_Rtl/ILOS_Online_Shopping/CheetahMailRegistrationFeed/datasets/RegData.ds)}
ds6: {op1[2p] (parallel APT_CombinedOperatorController:ds_RegData)
      =>
      /DataStageProjects/Multi_Channel_Rtl/ILOS_Online_Shopping/CheetahMailRegistrationFeed/datasets/RegData.ds

My question is why does the QA job have the delete data files and delete descriptor files part? I looked at the properties of the only dataset in my job, and didn't see any differences between the two environments. Both jobs ran with a 2 node config.

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You should have delete descriptor file whenever the mode in the Data Set stage is Overwrite, but not when it's Append. Can you please check this property?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jonesv
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jonesv »

Thanks Ray. That is what I thought, but just wanted to get confirmation from the experts. :D

They are both set to Overwrite. But I am suspecting that something is amiss in our dev environment. They are small jobs, so I am going to rewrite the dev job from scratch and re-export to qa.

I am going to mark this thread as resolved.