Synchronized Commit to MQ of same messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vvsaucse
Participant

Synchronized Commit to MQ of same messages

Post by vvsaucse »

Hello - I have a requirement, wherein i am trying to post messages to WMQ. Now for auditing purposes, posting messages to the target Queue and a backup Queue simultaneously (synchonized) has been proposed, where the following needs to be met. Please can you suggest how to achieve this?

Requirement : Messages should be posted to both the queues and committed simultaneously. else, should be failed in both the queues. (This should be achieved even in case one of the Queues' have a problem and are failing)

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Cheers
Subbu
Subbu
TCS BAngalore
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

IBM has written an operator which takes care of ensuring that transactions are performed as a transaction; the operator was written by an IBMer named Julius Lerm for IBM Germany and I am sure that they would be willing to offer this solution, but for a price.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Would this be the Distributed Transaction stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I can't remember (nor have tried) whether the new 8.7 edition of the DTS supports multiple input links....it does certainly support movement of a message from the Work Queue (as it might have been loaded in an upstream MQ Connector) into another queue as a transaction....but "multiple queues"? ...not sure.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Interestingly enough, it does support multiple input links...but I can't tell from looking at it whether or not it allows those multiple links to be controlled under the same transaction. I'll have to review the doc and also find time to test it. In the meantime, I like Arnd's answer. ; )

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>