Does Datastage 8.7 support CLOB data types?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mchaves
Participant

Does Datastage 8.7 support CLOB data types?

Post by mchaves »

Hi All,
We are migrating datastage jobs from 8.5 to 8.7 and we encountered an issue with Oracle CLOB fields. Has anyone experienced this? The same job in 8.5 runs flawlessly using the same Oracle CLOB fields.

Well, I'm not expecting to get answer here, but this an alert that 8.7 may have its own issues and not being an enhancement to 8.5 as understood.

inup_S_TTI_EVENT,0: Unsupported data type: 108. (CC_OraDescribeHelper::describeColumn, file CC_OraDescribeHelper.cpp, line 2,322)
A bad fishing day is much better than a great day at work
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you using the Connector? It is one of the "LOB-aware" stages in 8.5 and I don't see why that would have changed in the 8.7 release. Every release has "its own issues" and it sounds like this is one... please let us know what support has to say. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mchaves
Participant

Post by mchaves »

Hi Chullet,
Yes, this issue occurs with the new oracle connector. Everything tells me it could be an issue with 8.7 as the same job in 8.5 works welll using the same table - we are doing migration. We have a PMR raised. I'll keep you guys informed.
A bad fishing day is much better than a great day at work