DS Jobs compiling issue where transformers are exist

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

NLakahmi
Participant

DS Jobs compiling issue where transformers are exist

Post by NLakahmi »

Hi,

When I have installed Datastage in windows, the s/ws Visual Studio VC++ and SDK were not installed, hence jobs were not compiling.I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio VC++ express edition and then Microsoft windows SDK v7.1 and set the PATH and LIB variables as accordingly.Still I am unable to compile the datastage jobs where transformer exist.Can you help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
LK
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

There are several project-specific environment variables in the Compiler-Section that have to be set to correct values in DS-Administrator.

Since your compiler was not present during install, these variables are likely not to be set correctly. Please check.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
NLakahmi
Participant

Post by NLakahmi »

The compiler settings are like below.I guess these setting are fine to compile. Still same issue, let me know if I am wrong

Compiler Options:-W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c -W/Zc:wchar_t-

Compiler: cxx

Linker: cxx

Linker Options:-s -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000 -W/Zc:wchar_t-
mobashshar
Participant

Post by mobashshar »

Set the LIB environment variable to the location of the library directory for the SDK. For example, for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008 Express Edition C++, a typical location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib.

Set the INCLUDE environment variable to the location of the include directory for the SDK. For example, for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008 Express Edition C++, a typical location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include.

Note: The LIB and INCLUDE environment variable names must be specified in uppercase characters.

Please check this link.