Checksum Stage Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arpitchopra
Participant

Checksum Stage Error

Post by arpitchopra »

Hi,

I have a simple job with the following structure:

Netezza Source -> Transfomer -> Checksum -> Netezza Target

The Computation Mode for the Checksum is "Use all Columns except those specified"

However, upon running this job, I get the following error:

Checksum_Calculate,1: Internal Error: (!exportLog_->hasError()): checksum/checksum.C: 387
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'gdb' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH

Can anyone please help me out with this ?
Arpit Chopra
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your best bet is your support provider. I would replace the Netezza source stage with a row-generator, the output with a peek stage and see if the problem persists, that way you will at least have an acceptable test-case for support.

How many columns and what datatypes are you doing the Checksum on?
arpitchopra
Participant

Post by arpitchopra »

I am calculating the Checksum on 3 columns (2 VarChars and 1 Integer).

Is there any way of finding out what the error code 387 implies ?? Is there a documentation that lists down all possible errors returned by the Checksum.C code ?
Arpit Chopra
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Unfortunately that is not the error code, but the source line number where the error was detected so doesn't help us any further. I've used that stage several times and have never had issue with it. You did define the output column as char(32), right?
Try to make a simple job with just 1 of those columns with a row generator to see if that works.
arpitchopra
Participant

Post by arpitchopra »

I tried what you suggested. In fact, I re-created this job from scratch.
And it started working !
Now this is strange. I didn't make any change to the logic/properties/anything and still it started working on its own.

Still not a solution though. I'll need to re-create all the jobs where I faced this error.
Arpit Chopra
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I wish I had encouraging words, but if it is any consolation, I've had to do the same thing several times before where somehow smething within a job caused problems and a re-code was necessary.