The source decimal has even precision, but non-zero error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ravipuli
Participant

The source decimal has even precision, but non-zero error

Post by ravipuli »

Hi,

Hi Experts,

Source column is datatype is decimal(30,10) and o/p column datatype is decimal(30,1). When i run the iob iam geting below errors pls help me to solve

'APT_Decimal::ErrorBase: From: the source decimal has even precision, but non-zero in the leading nybble, or is too large for the destination decimal..' from input dataset '0' is NULL. Record dropped.
ravikumar
ravipuli
Participant

Post by ravipuli »

sory t/g datatype is 30,10
ravikumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read Chapter 2 of Parallel Job Developer's Guide to learn how Decimal (and other) data types are stored. This should answer your question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jag
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Jag »

ray.wurlod wrote:Read Chapter 2 of Parallel Job Developer's Guide to learn how Decimal (and other) data types are stored. This should answer your question.
Why couldn't you just answer the question? Now I googled this same issue, and your answer doesn't help me. So thanks for nothing. You are useless and unhelpful and you shouldn't respond so rudely when people just want help.
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

This topic was from August ... perhaps you might want to start your OWN thread, explain in detail what you are doing, the error you are getting, etc.

Just googling the error message gives quite a few pointers - what have you tried, and what have you found? That might be a better way to get some assistance than yelling at Ray :twisted:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I prefer to teach people to fish rather than to give them a fish, the benefit of the latter being ephemeral.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.